THE KIND OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
Information collected directly from you by Newnet Express:
- We collect all information necessary to make a delivery process possible. These include the shipper’s (sender) name, mobile number, email address, location address, digital address as well as transaction information (charges made for services as well as credit and debit card information. We also collect the same information from the recipient of the parcel / shipment as well any other information relevant to a successful delivery process.
- We may also keep copies of our correspondence with you through our phone and email as well as other communication platforms we have made available to enhance communication with our customers. These copies may be used for staff training and quality assurance.
- Information is also collected on occasions when you voluntarily take part in client surveys or promotional offers and competitions.
- We, as well as our third party business partners may gather your web and mobile app usage data such as IP addresses and other unique identification numbers and operating system of devices you use to access our website, browsing activity on our website (including time spent, which pages are viewed etc.). We also track websites that link to our site whether its incoming or outgoing.
- We hardly track the location of your device even though IP addresses collected may give an approximate location of your device.
Information that is gathered about you from other parties:
- In a situation where you place an order through a retail outlet that we are partnered with, that partner may share your personal details with us so we can successfully complete the order. E.g. when you purchase food from a restaurant and request a delivery.
- We may receive personal information that you have permitted the various social media platforms to share with third parties when you interact with any of our social media handles in the form of comments, posts, likes etc. This information may include but no limited to profile information, friend list, country etc.
- In the event that a shipper sends an item to you, we will be required to collect your name, contact and other information relevant to making the delivery possible.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS USED
Your personal information is used in the following manner:
- To render delivery services and fulfil contracts between you (client) and us (Newnet Express). Newnet Express has third party business, agencies and carriers that we work with in order to fulfil orders. Where relevant, some of your information (mainly name, address and contact information) will be transferred to these third party entities to make delivery possible.
- To send you messages related to the service we are rendering to you. These messages may be in the form of shipment delivery status, newsletters, service updates, promotional offers (including those of our third party partners that may be of interest to you), security and technical notifications, account login details etc. via phone, email or text message.
- To protect our rights and property and that of others as well as using it to assist the relevant authorities in investigations in case of any illegal activities on your part through our service or a breach of contract that we (Newnet Express) have with you.
- To assist in research and data analytics for the purpose of improving services rendered to our clients.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS SHARED
Information we gather may be shared in the following situations:
- Your information is shared with our local delivery partners to help offer our services.
- Your information about the delivery status of your shipment is shared with the sender and recipient of that shipment.
- Your information may also be shared with third party service providers/companies we have partnered with to provide our services. Examples of these companies are our sea and air carrier partners.
- Your information may also be shared with our other third-party service providers in order to facilitate our services. These include, accountants, financial advisors, marketing and advertising partners, software providers, web developers among others. For your privacy however, these partners are only given pieces of information relevant to their work under reasonable confidentiality terms.
- We may share information about website and mobile app usage with our third-party business partners who perform services on our behalf, which may include identifying and serving targeted advertisement, content or service fulfillment, analytics services etc.
- We may remove all personal identifying markers from gathered data and share this anonymized data with third party companies for the purpose of surveys, research and analytics purposes.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we sell, divest or transfer the company (including shares of the company), or any combination of its products, services, assets, and/or businesses to a third party, in which case personal data held by it about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- In a situation where we are under obligation by law to share your personal data in order to facilitate a criminal investigation. We may also exchange information with other relevant organisations for the purpose of fraud protection, credit risk reduction as well as crime detection and prevention in order to protect the rights and property of Newnet Express, its employees and customers.
Information we gather may be shared in the following situations:
- The feedback you leave on our service is used primarily to upgrade our service to better serve our clients.
- In the event that you post any reviews on our website or any platform linked to our company, we may use these reviews for analysis, marketing and promotional purposes. The security of our customers are our top priority and we will therefore strive to keep your anonymity private. In the event that we repost your reviews on other platforms, we may only use your first name and recipient city.
- We may ask you to share your review with your network on social networking sites such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. We’d really appreciate it if you could help us spread the word about Newnet Express via social networks, but to do so is entirely optional and will require you to authenticate your account with the social network. If you engage with Newnet Express on social media websites, such as by “Liking” us or by providing feedback on any Newnet Express page of a social media website, such as the Newnet Express pages on Facebook or Twitter, we may collect your personal information from that social media site subject to your privacy settings on that site. Additionally, your social media profile information, including your photograph, may be displayed on Newnet Express’ social media page or the Newnet Express’ website along with your review of the service. We may also publish the review you have left on the Newnet Express page to your social medial page, subject to your social network privacy settings. Please refer to your privacy settings on your social media site to understand what information the social media site will share with third parties like Newnet Express.
YOUR FREEDOMS AND CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
You are able to unsubscribe from promotional emails from Newnet Express through a link provided in our emails. You cannot however unsubscribe from emails and text messages related to the services we deliver since these are required to provide optimal service to our clients. These messages include, technical notices, changes/updates to our services and features, security notices, account verification, order confirmations, tracking information etc.
You may also place a request with us to delete all your data from Newnet Express servers. Contact us through our email, email@example.com and confirm your identity to be able to do this.
TRANSFERS OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE GHANA
HOW NEWNET EXPRESS PROTECTS YOUR DATA
At Newnet Express, we care about your personal data and have taken all reasonable measures to ensure the security and integrity of information we receive from you and that which we share with our service providers. We however cannot give a 100% guarantee of the security of our servers as no system is completely impenetrable.
THIRD PARTY SITES